Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Monday Musings 310 - The many hues of Intuition


Monday Musings - The many hues of Intuition
I wish to ask those who can answer this for me- ‘’How do you rate my ability to be intuitive?’’. The answer could either please me or depress me. Actually the question itself is wrong I guess – am I not the best judge of my intuition? May be answering this question is like trying to catch the flutter of the butterfly. May be the butterfly must be allowed to come and rest on the shoulder on its own and not be chased with the pursuit... of catching it (all pursuits are by nature violent). Intuition is allowing that butterfly to land softly on the shoulders.
This question on my intuition bears heavy on my heart – the mere question; looks like it’s not a mere question. I am petrified of the answer so I shut off the question itself. A heavy load is lifted – not having to ask such questions can be such a great relief; at least for the time being it all becomes so much more tolerable.
So i find an easier solution. I google ‘’best quotes on intuition’’ – and here are some that catch my fancy. It helps me take my attention off from the question. See if some of them catch your attention too.
1. ‘’Intuition is seeing with the soul’’
2. “When you reach the end of what you should know, you will be at the beginning of what you should sense.”
3. “Insight is not a lightbulb that goes off inside our heads. It is a flickering candle that can easily be snuffed out.”
4. “What good is intuition if your heart gets in the way of hearing it?”
5. “Intuition is a sense of knowing how to act spontaneously, without needing to know why.”
6. “Intuition means exactly what it sounds like, in-tuition! An inner tutor or teaching and learning mechanism that takes us forward daily
7. “Nothing comes unannounced, but many can miss the announcement. So it's very important to actually listen to your own intuition rather than driving through it.”
8. Intuition is the art of the moment. Intuition is always in the moment, in the here and now. While the intellect always moves like the pendulum of a clock between the memories of the past and the fantasies of the future, intuition is always in the moment, always in the here and now.
9. “It’s as though our bodily sensations have voices if we tune in to what they have to say.”
10. Trust your senses most of the time, your intuition some of the time, and your conclusions never.”
Guru

No comments:

Post a Comment